Recipe / Vegan, sugarfree hot chocolate

16:15

Who doesn't love a cup of hot chocolate during the cold days? I'm actually freezing while writing this, and I would be really happy to have a warm drink like this. Unfortunately we ran out of soy milk and rice milk, so I can't make myself one right now...
As you might know, my diet is a bit different due to certain reasons. I try to avoid sugar as much as I can, I don't eat 'bad' carbohydrates which you can find in bread for example, I overall don't eat meat and I avoid products that contain milk. Because of this, it might almost seem impossible for me to have a cup of hot chocolate. Luckily I know a nice vegan recipe on this, and I'd like to share it with you! This drink is actually even healthy, which I love.

Ingrediënts
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of 'biscuit spices', you can also use cinnamon if you don't have it
- 250 mL (low fat) soy milk, I always use the unsweetened one
- 3 (pitted) dates

Method
1) Cut the dates into smaller pieces
2) Put all of your ingrediënts in a blender and mix untill smooth. I would recommend to start off with the dry ingrediënts
3) Warm it up on the stove. You can also pour your mixture in a cup and put it in the microwave for about 2,5 minutes
4) Ready to serve!

When you try out this recipe, let me know! xoxo Isabella

You Might Also Like

7 reacties

  1. Oeh dit wil ik wel eens proberen! Tot nu toe heb ik heel veel verschillende chocolademelk geprobeerd maar telkens word ik er misselijk van. Een veganistische en suikervrije chocolademelk kan misschien wel eens de uitkomst zijn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a recipe like this one! Thank you for sharing x

    Jessica — NinetyCo 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lekker, ziet er ook nog eens goed uit van kleur!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuk receptje! En wat zien die foto's er mooi uit :)

    ReplyDelete