New in / Lush, Burberry & more

22:35

Happy new year! How did you celebrate NYE? Me and my family visited my best friend's house to start off 2017 together, and around 1 AM I went out with some of my girlfriends. We took a cab very early in the morning and I made januari first a pyjamas-kinda-day... Actually I'm still exhausted, haha!
Without further ado, in this post I want to show you some new beauty supplies I got on Christmas-eve. I've been using some of the products every day from the moment I got them, so I guess that's a good thing, right?
The first thing I want to show you is this lipscrub from Lush. Overall I love products from Lush; they contain natural ingredients, they're handmade, never tested on animals and most importantly: they always smell amazing.
During wintertime my lips always get a little dry and I like to scrub my lips every now and then. My mom used to have a similar lipscrub from Lush, but it had a bubblegum flavour to it  (you can eat it after you've used it!), which I think was a bit too sweet. This scrub is called 'mint julips' and it has a nice minty flavour to it. It's so, so good.
The next thing I want to show you isn't a beauty product, but I found that it fitted this category quite well since I also got this as a Christmas-present... These are earrings from Zara, and I think they are gorgeous. I've worn them on NYE because they are quite festive in my opinion. The earrings are pretty notable and I usualy prefer more subtle jewelery. Nevertheless I tend to like these ones very much.
The next product I want to tell you about goes perfectly in combination with the minty lipscrub from Lush. It's a lipbalm from Smith's, one of my favourite brands on lipbalms. I've had the 'normal' edition from Smith's before, but somehow I lost it... If you're looking for a nice, sheer lipbalm that actually works if you know what I mean, I highly recommend this one. It smells nice as well, which is a plus.
The fourth thing I'd like to tell you about is this 'pore vanishing stick' from Estée Lauder. As the name already reveals, it sort of 'vanishes' your pores when you put it on your face. I've been using this stick before applying my foundation, and I noticed my skin actually looked smoother in combination with this product. My skin is very sensitive and I suffer from acne a bit, but it looks like I don't break out when using this. Good to know if you also have sensitive skin, just like me. Of course it's not the most cheap (yup, it's Estée Lauder...), but I think it's worth it since I hate it when my skin breaks out because of cheap make-up. I rather buy something high quality and a bit more expensive.
I also wanted to talk about the make-up setting spray from Urban Decay, but it looks like I've forgotten to photograph it seperately... Whoops! Without further ado Urban Decay's make-up setting spray is well known among most women, but I wasn't familiar with this specimen yet. This setting spray is perfect for people with oily skin, just like me. It keeps your face matte and makes sure your make-up stays in place all day.

Last but not least I want to share with you a fluid highlighter from Burberry. I have to say I've never owned Burberry make-up before, but I think this highlighter is very pretty. It has minimal, silver glitters in it and it is subtle, which I personally prefer. I don't like it when a highlighter is too notable. I've seen girls with a way too glowy face and that scares me up sometimes, haha! I don't mean to insult anyone with this by the way...

What are your favourite beautyproducts at the moment? Any recommendations? xoxo Isabella

You Might Also Like

2 reacties

  1. This burberry highlighter sounds quite intersting!
    Would love to see it swatched!

    xoxo Colli
    Beautyblog tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely gifts and the way you've photographed them is just perfect! I really need to get some lip scrub as mine always get so dry during winter and putting on lipstick is just a mare! The Burberry highlighter looks and sounds beautiful. I agree with you and think subtle ones look much nicer! xx

    ReplyDelete